Wednesday, May 28, 2014

That kid...

...you all have that kid.  You know, the one who grates on every nerve in your body.  The one that somehow knows every button to press.  The one that seems to invent new ways to get in trouble and is always being clever at circumventing your attempts to get him to actually do his work.  Or is it just me?  :)

Today I was surprised by a visit from that kid from my first year of teaching.  I still remember writing a referral which included the term, "musical nose blowing."  Yes, indeed.  There were other antics, but that moment stood out in particular. 

This student is now in college.  He came in to visit today and told me he's had a successful year with good grades and is looking to transfer to a school closer to home.  He's studying a math and science heavy major and doing well.  Yay! 

Of all the kids to come back, visit unexpectedly, and give me a big hug, I couldn't have been more surprised that it was this student.  And a good surprise it was! 

Tomorrow, I get to go see a great group of students graduate from high school.  I haven't seen most of them since they left 8th grade, but I'm excited to get to watch them graduate to the next chapter!

Mathematically yours,
Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment