Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Two little joys from today

I just wanted to record two happy moments from today.

1. I visit a particular Algebra II class almost daily to help students who are struggling.  One of the students who is generally not in need of extra assistance is a 10th grade student who was in my class in 8th grade.  She commented today, "You know, I just threw out the notebook we made in your class and now I wish I hadn't because this stuff was in there and it would have helped me."  Obviously, I had a little twinge of pain in my heart when she admitted to throwing out her ISN, but I was more pleased that she recognized its utility.

2. When I parked at Dollar Tree, I was parked behind a running Mustang with a passenger inside.  My quick purchase turned out to be a little more time consuming than I expected because the staff insisted on boxing up my purchase instead of putting it into bags.  I walked out of Dollar Tree carrying 20 glass prayer candles for a youth group event this weekend and noticed that car was still running.  As I was walking back to my car in the especially dark parking lot carrying this heavy load, a young man hopped out of the running car.  He called out my name and ran to my car.  He wanted to chat; I taught him French last year and although he had moved school districts, he had heard I'd changed jobs.  It was nice to hear that he's doing well at his new school.   

Kids are the best, aren't they?

Mathematically yours,
Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment